Multi Media Outside Sales RepLocation: US-TX-Austin Job Number 1718179 Brand Cox Texas Newspapers, LP
Cox Media Group is seeking an Account Executive to represent our complete sales portfolio, spanning print, direct mail/direct marketing and digital media. This role will work for our super brand, The Austin American Statesman; we are seeking an experienced field sales representative with digital and/or media knowledge.
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for developing assigned markets; growing and increasing revenues from high potential prospects and existing accounts. Primary responsibility will be to achieve stated product revenue goals by applying audience based solutions to meet or exceed their clients’ needs.
- WORK FOR AWARD-WINNING BRANDS. Our brands are among the best in the industry, often ranking number one in their market.
- BE YOURSELF. MAKE US BETTER. Innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage everyone to contribute their best ideas.
- WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES. Cox provides a generous benefits package that includes robust health benefits for spouses and domestic partners, paid time off, 401(k) and a pension for eligible employees.
- OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE. Through career development, innovation summits, ongoing training and a commitment to hiring from within, our employees help define their own career paths.
- WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. Every CMG location actively volunteers or contributes financial and valuable publicity support to nonprofit partners.
- Responsible for complete sales cycle including prospecting, presenting, closing & retaining business across the entire portfolio including print and digital products.
- Responsible for growing business with existing accounts and diversifying client spend to entire product portfolio.
- Assess customers/prospect’s needs and recommend most suitable application of products to satisfy stated needs.
- Collaboratively work with the primary client contact to develop, present, close and execute audience based solutions across the portfolio. Communicate specific product specifications and processes to clients and internal partners to insure quality and timely execution of purchased products.
- Identify and qualify customers and prospects having significant revenue generation potential for products.
- Utilize a sales automation system to manage day-to-day activities and update management of such activity through system generated activity reports.
- Demonstrate a level of digital competency and aptitude in new digital media including:
- Mobile media (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Social media (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- SEM (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Video/Audio (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Digital Services
- Demonstrate success in multi-platform, multimedia, audience based selling solutions (including programmatic)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business offerings. Demonstrate an understanding of and remain current with the print and online media market.
- May assist Sales Managers to develop other account executives in either digital or print knowledge, depending upon own expertise; and/or sells techniques.
- May assist with training new Account Executives on the product portfolio and positioning of ad products.
- Frequent local travel required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Demonstrated record of success cold calling for new business
- Minimum of 3-years advertising/sales experience
- Prior traditional advertising sales experience
- Knowledge of print media landscape including competitive publications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, a related field
- 5 years advertising/sales experience
- Prefer experience in one or more of following sales fields: digital product sales; digital services sales, digital and/or print media; direct marketing
- Media sales industry knowledge
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin-305 S Congress Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing