New Business Account Executive-AustinLocation Austin, Texas Job Number 172693 Brand Cox Texas Newspapers, LP
- Responsible for complete sales cycle including prospecting, presenting, closing & retaining business across the entire portfolio including print and digital products.
- Responsible for growing business with existing accounts and diversifying client spend to entire product portfolio.
- Assess customers/prospect’s needs and recommend most suitable application of products to satisfy stated needs.
- Collaboratively work with the primary client contact to develop, present, close and execute audience based solutions across the portfolio. Communicate specific product specifications and processes to clients and internal partners to insure quality and timely execution of purchased products.
- Identify and qualify customers and prospects having significant revenue generation potential for products.
- Utilize a sales automation system to manage day-to-day activities and update management of such activity through system generated activity reports.
- Demonstrate a level of digital competency and aptitude in new digital media including:
- Mobile media (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Social media (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- SEM (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Video/Audio (buying, planning and reporting tools)
- Digital Services
- Demonstrate success in multi-platform, multimedia, audience based selling solutions (including programmatic)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business offerings. Demonstrate an understanding of and remain current with the print and online media market.
- May assist Sales Managers to develop other account executives in either digital or print knowledge, depending upon own expertise; and/or sells techniques.
- May assist with training new Account Executives on the product portfolio and positioning of ad products.
- Frequent local travel required.
- May be assigned other duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Demonstrated record of success cold calling for new business
- Minimum of 3-years advertising/sales experience
- Prior traditional advertising sales experience
- Knowledge of print media landscape including competitive publications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, a related field
- 5 years advertising/sales experience
- Prefer experience in one or more of following sales fields: digital product sales; digital services sales, digital and/or print media; direct marketing
- Media sales industry knowledge
Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and
digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of
CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of
North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading
online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52
million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than
3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin-305 S Congress Ave
Other Locations: Texas,US,TX,,|Dallas,US,TX,,75201|San Antonio,US,TX,,78201|Houston,US,TX,,77001
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing