CMGO NEWSROOM INTERNJob ID 184833 Date posted 04/02/2018 Location Dayton, Ohio Apply
Who We Are
Cox Media Group Ohio has one of the most advanced, multi-platform newsrooms in the country (TV, Radio, Newspapers and Digital) is seeking an All-Media Journalist intern. We’re looking for our intern to write breaking news, enterprise and watchdog stories for print and digital; shoot and edit and front WHIO-TV packages on air for our Dayton-Springfield TV audience; contribute on-air voicing for radio; and own branded social media accounts – including Facebook and Twitter – that will be expected to build our audience and increase our digital revenues. You will work in a digital-first newsroom to provide digital videos and digital stories.
We are one of the leading newsrooms in the country that produces local news and information on all platforms, and we’re looking for flexible, energetic, creative and digitally oriented people to join us.
Our converged Ohio newsrooms include three daily newspapers, the top local TV news station in the country, an award-winning cross-platform Breaking News Desk and a radio station that reports around the clock.
What you will be doing:
You will get to experience a “3 track” approach to your internship by rotating through a Content Creation, Media Production, and Sales/Marketing.
What we are looking for:
The ideal student has a passion for telling great stories and thrives in a fast-paced work environment:
• Has excellent reporting and writing skills, and the ability to write and edit quickly for digital
• Uses research to tailor stories to fit the audience for print, TV, radio and digital
• Has a knack for telling stories in a relatable and compelling way
• Has a demonstrated social media presence to engage audience and drive people to stories
• Is comfortable with shooting and producing photos and video for digital and TV, as well as appearing on air for TV regularly, including live shots
• Be familiar and comfortable with standards for avoiding libel and slander, and have a good grasp of Ohio’s public records laws
• Ability to work in high-energy, fast-paced environment and be committed to learning throughout their careers.
• Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
• A portfolio of work that shows good work in reporting, writing and some of ability to shoot video and photos and use social media to get and transmit information
• Genuine interest in story-telling of all kinds
• Capable of doing work that is accurate and complete and according to set deadlines
What you will get:
• Paid Internship
• Internship hours for graduation requirement
• Visibility to media leadership
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Intern/Co-op
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs