Digital Storytelling Products ManagerJob ID 181588 Date posted 01/30/2018 Location Dayton, Ohio Apply
DESCRIPTION: Modern journalism requires great storytelling in digital, and that is the goal of the Digital Storytelling Product Manager. This position will both create digital content, and be the lead resource for best practices involving digital storytelling throughout the organization. The Digital Storytelling Product Manager is expected to work with corporate and other resources to stay on the cutting edge of industry trends, technologies, and strategies related to creating digital content. This includes all the journalism standards expected of any content creator at CMGO, combined with the ability tell stories in any digital format. It will require learning the knowledge needed to maximize the Content Management System (CMS) to tell the best digital stories. The Digital Storytelling Product Manager must be able to identify story opportunities, create and edit stories, and teach best practices for creating and editing stories in digital platforms.
- Provide direction for digital storytelling strategy and implementation though research, audience identification, platform determination, and the journalism and business goals of CMG Ohio
- Create multiple digital stories on a daily basis
- Coach and teach best practices for digital storytelling for all CMGO content creators
- Continuously improve storytelling for the company by capturing and analyzing the appropriate data/metrics, insights, best practices, and then communicating findings with the company
- Ability to work in high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Maintain a high degree of familiarity with digital storytelling trends
- Learn the CMS and how to best tell stories within the tools available, and recommend new tools for addition to the CM
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years content creation or optimization experience, newsroom experience strongly preferred
- Ability to create digital stories in multiple formats
- Ability to write and edit and present copy to CMGO standards
- Knowledge of AP style
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Lead/Supervisor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing