MeteorologistJob ID 189293 Date posted 06/05/2018 Location Dayton, Ohio Apply
- Degreed Meteorologist must create and deliver the WHIO-TV weather forecast following researched formats and action plans.
- Must have the ability not only to forecast in weather market, but live storm track, using your skills to communicate not just data, but a forecast and its impact, in a way viewers and listeners will understand.
- Qualified candidates will be proficient in creating digital videos, social media engagement, ad-libbing live on TV, radio, live streams and Facebook Live.
- Prepare newscast graphics using WSI Max system; ability to analyze weather data from a variety of source to prepare and deliver accurate forecast on TV, on radio, in digital, in print.
- Work with a team of meteorologists to deliver life-saving weather information to our audiences 24/7.
- Meteorologist will be assigned TV newscasts and must be willing to work any shift, any newscast as needed during holiday or PTO coverage; must be willing to work extended hours during impactful, severe weather events
- Must be able to pitch and create evergreen weather content to be used on digital brands, television and other media platforms.
- B.A Degree in Journalism, Communications, Science, or Other or 1+ years television weathercaster, live storm tracking experience
- Completion of Certified Broadcast Meteorology (CBM) program, or be in process of completing this year (2017).
- Requires strong computer skills and communication skills
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing