Part-time WHIO Radio News AnchorJob ID 1813583 Date posted 08/31/2018 Location: Dayton, Ohio Apply
- Reads news on the air, anchoring newscasts until the next anchor is prepared to start anchoring.
- Writes, stacks, pre-reads and edits news used on the air.
- Provides posts to both Facebook and Twitter daily.
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills (fair, balanced clear, concise and correct).
- Demonstrates ability of self-directed story selection/writing/editing following management guidelines.
- Collaborates with reporters in other platforms to co-produce stories.
- Works to achieve goals listed in their Individual Development Plan.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Education and experience in radio journalism is preferred.
- One year experience preferred (spot news/developing enterprise stories experience).
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. From our on-air talent to jobs within our technical operations, you'll be part of a team that communicates news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.