Senior Executive Producer CMGOLocation Dayton, Ohio Job Number 173048 Brand WHIO-TV
SENIOR EXECUTIVE PRODUCER-COX MEDIA GROUP OHIO/WHIO-TV
WHIO-TV, home of America’s Highest Rated Newscasts, is looking for a key newsroom leader to join our team. Our Senior Executive Producer will work in tandem with our Managing Editor to ensure urgency, accuracy and compelling content for our television and digital customers.
The Senior Executive Producer has oversight of all WHIO-TV Newscasts, weekdays and weekends. The Senior Executive Producer…
- …is responsible for the hiring, onboarding, development plans, coaching, training and evaluation of all EP’s and Producers.
- …will be well-versed in research and branding and in the creation and execution of strategic action plans.
- …is responsible for the relentless execution of newscasts, including showcasing, writing, meter strategies, breaking news, long form unscripted coverage, and driving urgent news from discovery to delivery.
- …will interact with station consultants and work with the News Director and Managing Editor at creating the strategic vision for the WHIO-TV news department.
- …copy edits with high awareness of legality, morality, accuracy, government (FCC) regulations and perceptions of bias.
- …leads post-newscast reviews with emphasis on positive problem solving and product improvement.
- …must learn and support news coverage priorities on all CMG-Ohio platforms (including digital, radio and print) and work as a leader across the various content teams in Dayton, as well as Springfield and Northern Cincinnati.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.), preferably in Journalism or Communications.
- Minimum of ten years professional experience in local TV news.
- Minimum of four years management experience in a small or medium market, or Producer experience with additional responsibilities in a large market.
CoxMedia Group (CMG) is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that also includes the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations; more than 60 radio stations; six daily newspapers, more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. CMGcurrentlyoperatesinmorethan 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and nearly 15 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Leader
Unposting Date: Ongoing