Digital Sales SpecialistLocation: US-MA-Dedham Job Number 1716288 Brand Cox Media Group Northeast, LLC, d/b/a WFXT-TV
WFXT, the Cox-owned leading media company in Boston, MA seeks a motivated, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Digital Sales Specialist. Reporting to the Digital Sales Manager, the Digital Sales Specialist will work with the media sales team to grow digital revenue by accompanying the media sales team in the field to conduct customer needs analyses and present client facing solutions. The Digital Sales Specialist must understand all CMG Local Solutions digital product offerings and how to leverage them to meet the clients’ strategic objectives. Digital assets include FOX25’s and Cox Media Group’s websites, apps, livestreams, podcasts and third party products and platforms inclusive of display advertising, streaming media, and native advertising. The Digital Sales Specialist will leverage owned and operated digital assets as well as 3rd party ad products including but not limited to audience extension, SEM, SEO and social media. You will help AEs create proposals based on customers’ goals, attend sales calls and serve as a communication point between sales and the CMG Digital Revenue & Operations group. The Digital Sales Specialist will assist Account Executives with the digital order process by checking inventory, completing spec sheets, compiling RFPs, processing digital orders and trafficking digital ads. The Digital Sales Specialist must be analytical, organized, solution minded, consultative, customer centric and like working in a team environment.
- Support Media Sales Team on digital advertising sales calls and orders
- Perform customer needs analyses (CNA) in the field to uncover clients’ goals and strategic objectives
- From CNA create custom strategies and tactics to achieve clients’ goals and format into custom client facing proposals including but not limited to:
- SEM: Perform keyword research and create reach and CPC estimates
- SEO: Perform SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and webpages
- Targeting/Retargeting: Perform reach estimates for display and pre-roll
- FOX25Boston.com: Appropriate use of products to fulfill client needs or compliment SEM, SEO and/or targeting/retargeting.
- Present proposals to clients
- Assist National Sales Department with digital RFPs’ for National clients
- Ensure digital orders are processed correctly to align with our billing, finance and fulfillment procedures
- Ensure digital campaigns launch successfully
- Digital Product expert to be a resource to Media Sales Team
- Understand and communicate the “consumer path to purchase” theory and how specific digital products relate
- Recommend specific digital services to support the different areas in the “sales funnel”
- Evaluate CMG’s digital product offerings against customers’ needs, budgets and competitors' offerings.
- Products include but not limited to Display, Streaming, Audience Extension, SEM, SEO, Native advertising and Social Media
- Communicate specific product specifications and processes to clients to ensure quality and timely execution of purchased products
- Provide consultations to advertisers on social media best practices and participate in social media engagement
- Work with Media Sales Team, clients and ad trafficking to deliver a superior return on investment for our customers’ advertising
- Work with AEs to process digital orders, check inventory and launch digital campaigns successfully
- Once campaigns are underway, work with clients, CMG Central Ad ops, CMG Ad Studio and CMG SEM/SEO team to interpret results and optimize campaigns against key performance indicators
- Set up research studies for clients including view through studies
- Work with clients’ Google Analytics to help analyze the effectiveness of their campaigns
- Serve as project manager between sales, CMG’s centralized trafficking, CMG Ad Studio for ad creation, CMG SEM/SEO team, and all of FOX25’s digital fulfillment partners
- At the end of the campaign, create custom performance reports that effectively analyze how the customers’ goals were met or exceeded with the goal of increasing retention and upsells for the station
- Attend customer calls to present campaign performance metrics and research
- Trouble shoot invoicing/reconciliation with 3rd Party reporting and Co-op
- Point person for AE’s, sales managers, clients, and various station departments including Research, News, Sales and Promotions to provide a full suite of sales materials
- Point person between sales, promotions, production, research, programming, public affairs, and web/digital media in fulfillment of the sales process for station initiatives like Zip Trips and Around Town
- Point person for the promotions department to implement digital sales promotions
- Work with the News Department and Digital web team on digital analytics for FOX25’s digital assets
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year college or university in digital marketing, digital advertising and/or digital sales; and 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced digital industry knowledge about digital products including display advertising, streaming, native advertising, social media, SEM, SEO and audience extension products.
- Advanced digital industry knowledge about website analytics, including the ability to compile usage reports and interpret results. IAB Certified a plus.
- Proficient in:
- DoubleClick for Publishers
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Omniture
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills including identifying campaign pitfalls and providing custom solutions
- Analytical in nature with a firm grasp of numbers and attention to detail
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Can easily identify priority items and complete in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Must possess positive customer service attitude with both internal and external contacts; flexible, patient, courteous, professional and problem solver
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing