Executive ProducerJob ID 1816105 Date posted 10/16/2018 Location: Dedham, Massachusetts Apply
Reporting to the Director of News, the Executive Producer will oversee station newscasts. The successful candidate will excel at owning breaking news and showcasing investigative/enterprise content. The Executive Producer will be responsible for crafting relevant, well-paced memorable newscasts that have high production value. The successful candidate must also understand news coverage on all platforms and use the station’s website, mobile apps and social media platforms to bring viewers to on-air newscasts.
- Oversee newscasts, making sure they meet research goals and the mission of being the go-to source for weather, breaking news and enterprise/investigative content
- Supervise Producers and Writers, making sure newscasts are filled with valuable content that is clear and easy to understand
- Ensure producers execute tease and “meter click-point” strategies
- Ensure newscasts regularly showcase and execute process language
- Read through newscasts and approve scripts, making sure the value of stories is delivered in the first ten seconds
- Copy edit newscasts to make sure scripts are accurate and do not contain spelling or grammatical errors
- Maximize of graphics and pre-production to make the newscast clear and easy to understand
- Look for opportunities for digital team to send push alerts pushing back to our air
- Consistently integrate references/pushes to our digital and social media products
- Work with production team to ensure that ideas can be executed with robotic cameras and control room automation system
- Regularly monitor tweetdeck to be hunting for the newest and best content
- Attend editorial meetings and regularly contribute story ideas
- Coordinate Producer and Writer schedules, approving hours worked and PTO
- Conduct reviews of Producers and Writers in collaboration with the News Director
- Work with other news managers on special coverage plans and be a leader in wall-to-wall breaking news coverage
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism or Communications preferred
- A minimum of 7 years professional experience in local TV news is required for this job as well as at least 3 years’ experience in a management role is preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment and the ability to get along with others is essential
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Broadcast Programming and Production
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. From our on-air talent to jobs within our technical operations, you'll be a part of the team that communicates news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.