Sales AssistantLocation: US-MA-Dedham Job Number 1719485 Brand Cox Media Group Northeast, LLC, d/b/a WFXT-TV
The Sales Assistant’s role is to support the sales department in all areas relating to performance of their required and requested duties. Our ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, take charge of their position and provide excellent support to our staff of sales professionals. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work effectively with all the departments at our television station and be flexible in an ever changing environment. This position has the potential to interact with internal departments such as Digital, New Business, Promotions and Production as well as our National sales partner, TeleRep. You also may be asked to communicate with agencies and clients.
• Entering orders into our traffic system
• Working with managers and/or Account Executives (AE’s) on pre-emptions and makegoods
• Collaborating with managers and/or AE’s to fulfill advertising agencies’ and clients’ requests such as posting, pre/post log times, discrepancy resolution and other reporting and support needs
• Serving as a liaison between other departments to complete client projects
• Working with AE’s to prepare proposals
• Trouble shooting issues and problem solving
• Handling general administrative tasks as assigned
• Knowledge of Excel & Power Point
• Performing other duties as assigned by management and/or AE’s
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
• Preferred two to three years related experience and/or training
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales orders, written instructions
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to speak effectively with groups of customers or employees of the organization
• Excellent computer skills—full command of Microsoft Office
• Ability to prioritize and multi task many projects at one time
• Must be flexible and able to adjust to the changing demands of our environment
• Very organized and excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication ability in person and on the telephone
• Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
WFXT/FOX25 is an equal opportunity employer.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing