Traffic ManagerJob ID 1818650 Date posted 12/05/2018 Location: Dedham, Massachusetts Apply
We are seeking an experienced Traffic Manager to lead our Traffic team. This position will oversee all aspects of the Traffic department operations utilizing the WideOrbit traffic system and the Harris automation system and work collaboratively with the Sales, Master Control, News, Production, and Promotions departments to ensure Traffic department and organizational goals are achieved. The ideal candidate has great attention to detail, knows how to build successful relationships; can take direction as well as work independently.
• Manages & coordinates all day-to-day traffic responsibilities
• Help develop best business practice, focusing on resources available and leveraging efficiencies to support continued revenue growth
• Oversee daily log editing while analyzing methods of maximizing revenue and inventory
• Maximizing revenue through management and manipulation of TV commercial inventory
• Prepare, maintain and complete on-air logs through careful management and placement of TV commercial inventory
• Format local and network program changes
• Creating and maintaining all local and network program format changes
• Prioritize workload and accurately perform multiple tasks in a high-volume and deadline driven environment
• Manage daily discrepancy reports with Master Control and facilitate programming changes as needed
• Acts as Strategic Partner with the marketing department for scheduling PSA spots
• Communicate and works in concert with Sales Managers to manage inventory oversell
• Cross functional collaboration across departments
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales and Sales Manager
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred
• 2 years’ management experience providing strong, positive leadership preferred
• 5 years’ WideOrbit experience preferred
• Experience in order processing, log/inventory management, and ad copy processing
• Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills.
• Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi task many projects at one time
• Very organized and excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Advertising roles with Cox Media Group provide extensive opportunities across the marketing spectrum. From creative design, to digital media, you'll drive campaigns that reach millions of users.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Traffic Assistant Dedham, Massachusetts