Manager ProductionLocation Memphis, Tennessee Job Number 177465 Brand Cox Media Group Northeast, LLC, d/b/a WHBQ-TV
Fox 13 has an immediate full-time opening for a News Production Manager. This position includes newscast directing, personnel management, studio management, as well as being an integral member of the News Management Team. A successful candidate will be a solid and skilled Director, as well as a strong leader and motivator.
***MUST have demonstrable experience directing newscasts ***
• Work closely with News Managers as a member of management team
• Serve as a liaison between departments, in particular Engineering and Creative Services
• Develop production protocol with the assistance of team members to create a consistently clean product delivery system
• Lead production team in developing innovative enhancements in delivery
• Identify department needs and opportunities, providing training and expanded role assignments for Production Assistants
• Directs newscasts as needed, helping to set the standard for production delivery
• Scheduling production staff to cover day parts, all newscasts, vacation relief, etc.
• Maintain careful records regarding vacation time management; including days requested, vacation cover, sick days, and scheduling
• Assigning responsibilities for every production staff member each day, on each shift
• Studio management; including monitors, mics, lights, set issues, care and maintenance of all equipment
• Coordinating with Engineering the maintenance and usage of control room and studio equipment, as well as future replacement and upgrades
• Facilitating production staff training, and conducting personnel performance reviews, hiring staff, and maintaining discipline
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing production teams
• Excellent Planning and organization skills to properly run and monitor the production process successfully.
• String negotiation skills in order to get materials within allotted time and budget
• The ability to work under pressure and guide others towards meeting deadlines
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Leader
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing