Master Control SwitcherLocation Memphis, Tennessee Job Number 1616951 Brand Cox Media Group Northeast, LLC, d/b/a WHBQ-TV
- Proper operation of all program channels to ensure continued and seamless program delivery.
- Observation of all video pictures and audio quality.
- Monitoring and Operating transmitter remote control systems.
- Satellite and distributor-based file recordings and preparation for automation playback.
- Consultation with programming/traffic department and/or Operations management representatives when scheduled programs are not available for broadcast, or when live events require a change in program schedule.
- Clear and concise documentation of problems.
- Coordination with various production personnel during live shows.
- Tuning of Microwave, Satellite and LiveU for News use.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Broadcast or technical training preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer operation, including Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Prior 2 year experience in a television Master Control environment
- General knowledge of FCC and EAS rules and requirements.
- Experience with basic digital TV systems and monitoring equipment including scopes, professional picture monitors and multi-channel audio monitor equipment.
- Experience operating television automation record and playback and video server systems.
- Knowledge of modern transcoding systems such as FlipFactory, Vantage and others preferred
- Experience with UPS, emergency generators and power systems preferred
- Must be able to work under pressure and be fast to get station back on air when problems occur.
- Must be a team player able to communicate with other operators, management and station personnel.
- Must be able to work without supervision on a regular basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing