News EditorJob ID 183890 Date posted 03/02/2018 Location Memphis, Tennessee Apply
Editors are responsible for the development and distribution of media on-air and online. These employees work within systems designed to efficiently distribute media to all FOX13 platforms. Stationed at one of the newsroom edit stations they edit content into vo’s, vo/sot’s, packages and into elements used uniquely for digital distribution.
They can be called on to assist with bringing in live material stationed in the newsroom, to operate a camera either in the newsroom or as needed in the field.
All Editors work closely with broadcast producers and web content producers providing the assistance needed to bring their products to success
They report to the Chief Photographer and then up to the News Operations Manager.
Operate non-linear video equipment:
- Ingests and pulls video from various sources into BitCentral editing system
- Proficient on CNN Newsource
- Edits video clips for use on air and on-line
- Manage video and still content for publishing as needed
- Use of Extreme Reach and ability to download video from various .com sites
- Manages BitCentral systems and conducts training for new members of news team
Acts in Support Capacity as Needed:
- Operates ENG control
- Responsible for management of incoming feeds
- Collaborates with producers and digital desk to deliver strongest video options
- Monitors live feeds and skycams for breaking and developing news, working with producer for execution
- Manages Contest Collection and entry system
- Ability to operate in house and field cameras as needed.
- College Degree Preferred
- 2+ years of previous editing experience within a newsroom.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing