Traffic AssistantLocation Memphis, Tennessee Job Number 177558 Brand Cox Media Group Northeast, LLC, d/b/a WHBQ-TV
- I thrive working in a fast paced environment and deadline driven
- I work well with all types of people
- I can keep track of a lot of details and never drop the ball
- I am great looking at an issue from various perspectives
- I enjoy solving problems
- I am cool, calm & collected in a crisis
- I love Television
- Assigns house numbers to all new or revised spots received from a variety of delivery methods to be placed on a dub list.
- Prints and date-stamps all traffic instructions received via email, fax or form submission.
- Communicates with ad agencies, master control, sales, creative services department in reference to information on commercial spots and traffic instructions
- Preempts all spots from an active log that do not have traffic instructions by deadline.
- Sends confirmation requests via fax or email.
- Maintains copy filing system and purges expired copy instructions as needed.
- Must have working knowledge of digital delivery systems. Maintains digital spot file(s).
- Applies scripts for co-op advertisers prior to invoicing.
- Balance priorities
- Prepare reports for management as needed
- Crossed trained on all positions in the department
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred but will also consider experience; at least 2-4 years in radio or television. WideOrbit experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills. Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Excellent computer skills—full command of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize and multi task many projects at one time
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to the changing demands of our environment
- Very organized and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication ability in person and on the telephone
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
- Possess strong analytical problem solving skills
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing