The Traffic Reporter is involved in fact gathering and breaking information related to traffic and roadways as a member of our Good Morning Memphis team. They work hand in hand with the television producers, web content producers gathering and developing traffic information during our morning drive time.
Developing and maintaining a social presence is an important facet of the information they present each day. Their work appears both on-air and online. The ability to tie traffic and weather together is an important part of the daily on air execution.
Communicates Traffic Information on all platforms:
- Strong reading, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to gather breaking and developing traffic informaton
- Writes stories as needed related to traffic informaton
- Is familiar with pronunciation of names and locations and in particular roadways in the mid-south
- Field reports as assigned or as needed
- Works directly with broadcast producer for success of show
- Produces special reports as needed - develops brand consistent sweep story ideas for each sweeps period
- Creates and maintains story notes and files in the I-News electronic system
- Develops and maintains contacts
- Participates in news editorial process including story pitching, vetting, digital delivery and development of enterprise content
- Ability to shoot material as well as edit is considered as added value but not required''Qualifications
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends and holidays.
• Maintains professional appearance, works with News Director prior to any radical changes
• Works to put best personal appearance forth on air each day
• Makes station appearances as requested by Community Affairs or others
• Maintains professional standards in public as representative of station
Anchors promotional material as needed
• College Degree in Related Field. Minimum of 1 year professional experience
Cox Media GroupPrimary Location:
US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland StEmployee Status: