Maintenance Technician IIIJob ID 1813931 Date posted 09/11/2018 Location: Norcross, Georgia Apply
The Maintenance Tech III will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings/facilities throughout the organization with emphasis on successful targeting of preventive maintenance program and cross training initiative supporting mail room and packaging shipping/receiving processes and rack house operations. Position will assist room set-ups where appropriate by and through the direction of building management.
Supports facility-maintenance functions throughout the organization (40%)
- Perform general maintenance and upkeep of buildings; inspect assigned buildings/related fixtures, mechanical equipment, machines, and other structural components
- Perform basic repair and replacement of components of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems as directed.
- Responsible for completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned
- Assist package pick-up/mail-room operations(shipping) with external delivery companies (i.e., Fedex, UPS, etc.)
- Sorts and delivers mail to AJC departments and picks up mail to be sent
- Uses mail meter to apply postage, and coordinates pick-up with postal service
- Provides set-up of facilities as requested; training rooms and/or auditorium for scheduled events
- Monitor and track shared calendar for scheduled events for planning/preparedness purposes
- Collaborate with event coordinators and/or assigned host representatives having responsibility for scheduled events
- Assist inventorying, servicing and staging assigned newspaper boxes/rack house operation
- Receive and process incoming requests and coordinate as appropriate with internal partners initiating orders
- Communicates with Supervisors/Managers with operational and scheduling issues that arise
- Perform intricate repair and replacement of components supporting electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems as directed.
- Perform carpentry restoration/repairs and/or remodeling functions as needed by and thru building management direction.
- Ensure proper application of preventive maintenance/e-work orders system is applied
- Service, repair and/or replace locking mechanisms and re-keying initiatives as requested
- Provide assistance to team members to ensure successful closure and/or completeness of assigned tasks
- Acts within lead role in supervisor’s absence to ensure proper scheduling of personnel and assignments respectively.
- Manage company issued/subsidized cell phone as appropriate for internal/on call notifications
- Responsible for managing company issued procurement card and reconciling of transaction receipts for purchased items
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- 5–10+ years facility/maintenance experience with strong background/awareness involving HVAC, plumbing, sheet rock and electrical components.
- Proficient mechanical aptitude with keys and locking mechanism knowledge.
- Warehouse and newspaper production experience a plus
- Must be flexible and capable of rearranging schedule (able to work overtime and holidays, when required)
- Responsibility for company issued or subsidized cell phone as required for on-call matters
- Ability to work autonomously and function within a “Lead” role to successfully lead and/or direct team members as directed
- Moderate Computer skills/word and excel experience
- Maintains high quality work and shop safety levels.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently and carry out instructions.
- Works in both office and production/warehouse environments.
- Good problem solving skills with attention to detail and follow up.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Norcross-6455 Best Friend Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Print Production
At Cox Media Group, our team is committed to delivering excellence in quality and our services. Our qualified professionals assist in the mechanics and repairing of printing production equipment. Other duties may include conducting routine audits of issues, reporting, and installation, troubleshooting and maintaining printing equipment.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Machinist (Mechanical Technician) Norcross, Georgia