Director of Branding and ProgrammingLocation Orlando, Florida Job Number 175997 Brand CMG Orlando Radio
Cox Media Group – Orlando is looking for a Program Director for WWKA – K92.3, Orlando’s format exclusive Country radio station. The K92.3 Program Director will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy for the country entertainment brand. The individual must have an intimate understanding of the brand's 18-49 life group and be able to focus our programming and design to that audience's rapidly evolving desires and habits.
At the core of this responsibility is the station's on-air audio product. Most importantly in this area, this individual will be responsible for tailoring the music/station playlist to the life group and keeping K92.3 in its very specific music lane. Imaging is also a key component of the K92.3 recipe and this individual will be responsible for writing/designing fresh imaging on a weekly basis and working with the station's imaging director to ensure that the overall sonic branding is on target.
The Program Director will also design and oversee execution of the brand's external marketing. Individual must be able to apply knowledge of the life group to design marketing plans with the goal of brand and audience growth.
The K92.3 Program Director will be charged with development of talent and culture on a daily basis. This includes daily development and coaching of the morning show and all other personalities. The PD must ensure that all talent is focused on delivering the perfect mix of personality and stationality in a meaningful way while maintaining the brand's energy and momentum at all times. Content is king and driving all personalities to deliver content is key.
A key factor of WWKA's success in the market has been its ability to integrate revenue driven programs seamlessly into the brand and execute them on a high level. This individual is responsible for understanding the intersection of consumer and advertiser needs and will lead the design of integrated programs that are meaningful to the listener/consumer and drive results for the advertiser. Simultaneously, being a vocal and outspoken brand champion on the sales floor is a key role for this individual. This PD must participate actively with all departments and educate our internal and advertising customers on the life group behavior and brand strategy, on a frequent basis.
Innovate, Iterate, & Extend:
As the brand manager, the WWKA PD will be responsible for extending the Country brand onto emerging platforms (digital, mobile, social, etc). These individuals must closely monitor market trends and ensure that the brand continues to follow the consumer. Must understand how to cater content to the specific design of each of these platforms and users.
- Overall Brand Manager of WWKA and all distribution channels, whether on-air or digital
- Team leader of a highly talented air staff; ability to coach air talent, including the ability to communicate the goals, structure and execution of the station formatics; ability to communicate effectively with programming vendors
- Leadership of Strategic Team to formulate and execute strategies and tactics; will work closely with station’s VP/MM, Operations Manager, and company’s VP of Programming and Format Leader on execution of brand strategies
- Create and write excellent imaging that reflects the station’s strategic direction.
- Responsible for station operations 24/7/365
- Hiring and retaining top-flight full-and part-time air talent
- Oversight of all station digital platforms, such as web site and web content, social media, and database
- Planning and oversight of station research
- Will work closely with other cluster and group Program Directors to achieve cluster goals
- Possible cluster responsibilities as assigned by General Manager
- Oversight and management of station’s promotions department
- Minimum 2 years of programming management experience in a medium market with experience preferable in Country or CHR/Top 40
- Track record of success in PPM ratings and revenue. Proficiency in interpreting ratings data
- Track record of PPM success with a content driven morning show
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer skills for audio delivery and automations systems, such as Maestro, AudioVault, WideOrbit, etc.
- Extensive digital experience with station web sites, social media, and mobile
- On-air experience, and experience operating all on-air and production equipment
- Available as needed, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-4192 John Young Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing