National Sales ManagerLocation Orlando, Florida Job Number 1711669 Brand WFTV-TV
With the support of the Director of Sales (DOS), the NSM leads the National sales efforts in partnership with TeleRep. We are seeking a Sales Leader with a proven track record of success in achieving and exceeding station goals and objectives for all media platforms through:
- Proven National client relationships
- Strong communication and negotiation tactics
- Effective inventory management and pricing strategies
- Solid leadership of the National sales team
- Collaboration with WFTV and TeleRep sales leadership teams, national reps and Local Sales Managers, along with other station departments and customers
- Must have proficiency in handling political advertising in a major market. This candidate should have fluency in the rules and regulations surrounding political selling and buying for candidates and issue advertisers.
- Job requires extensive travel to the COX Reps offices.
- Develop strong client relationships through in-person meetings, sales presentations and client entertainment both in the market as well as travel to key National offices
- Maintain exceptional knowledge of the Orlando market in order to identify key strategies, emerging categories and new client prospects in order to increase overall station revenue
- Provide leadership and direction to National sales team
- Conduct National weekly sales meetings with significant TeleRep office(s)
- Work with TeleRep to accurately forecast revenue and share – weekly, monthly and annually
- Manage inventory and rates to maximize station revenue in order to achieve and exceed revenue goals
- Timely handling of pre-empts and makegoods
- Hire and train support staff to provide assistance to the National sales efforts
- Performance management coaching and training of National sales support staff
- Participate in Local weekly sales meetings
- Work in partnership with CMG Revenue Department and CMG Digital, as well as WFTV sales managers, TeleRep, Marketing, Research, News, Creative Services on ways to continually increase revenue and market share
- Excellent knowledge and command of Excel & Power Point
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Supervisory Responsibilities: NSM position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Qualifications
To execute this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two plus (2+) years of sales management experience or 5+ years established television sales experience
- Proven track record of success
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred
Language Skills: The qualified candidate will have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and research in all forms; write reports and business correspondence; effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers.
Mathematical Skills: The qualified candidate will have excellent ability to calculate budgets, projections and commissions and other industry related calculations.
Reasoning Ability: The qualified candidate will have excellent problem solving skills and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. They will also have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent working knowledge of broadcast television industry, digital media platforms, terminology, and analytics.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions (traveling to and from clients/agencies). The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Hours are irregular and often exceed a 40-hour week (preparation, travel and entertainment), based on business demand. Hours may include evenings and weekends.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-490 E South St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing