Search All Cox Media Group Jobs
Job ID 182700 Date posted 02/09/2018 Location Orlando, Florida
Orlando’s News 96.5 WDBO has an immediate opening for a part time producer/board-op. This producer position will put you right in the middle of a fast paced news environment. You will be technical producer for live newscast, syndicated shows, as well as, breaking news and severe weather situations. This position will work closely with our news team, and is a vital part of the operation. Candidates should be able to run a board and feel confident on air.
- First and foremost – Flawless technical execution (running the board) for live newscasts, syndicated talk shows, as well as, breaking news and severe weather events.
- Must run a ‘tight’ board and follow multiple format clocks.
- Must be able to multitask
- Will operate Wheatstone Console, Wide Orbit Automation, ISDNs, Comrex Access, Adobe Audition, and other broadcast equipment.
- Will contribute to content prep, production, idea generation, and other duties related to the execution of content.
- Update and maintain station website/social media.
- Monitor multiple sources for breaking news, traffic problems and weather alerts.
- Send appropriate and timely listener alerts.
- Help gather/generate news content for newscasts and live shows.
- Prefer 2-3 years of on-air and production experience.
- Previous experience with Wide Orbit automation systems and radio console is a plus.
- Should be proficient in Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software.
- Should be proficient with Windows/Microsoft Office.
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to work within a team environment with a shared vision for success
- Must be willing to learn additional skills related to producing a morning show.
- Must be flexible with work hours including weekends and overnights.
- Must have experience generating and distributing content on websites/social media platforms
- Must be detail oriented
- Must work well under pressure
- Must have valid drivers license; no criminal history
Cox Media GroupPrimary Location:
US-FL-Orlando-4192 John Young PkwyEmployee Status:
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disability Assistance (Requests on your application status will not receive replies.)
Cox is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including any job seeker with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and the requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
If you are having technical issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-Verify Cox in the E-verify program. Link to e-verify poster.
Right to work in English and Spanish
jobs.coxmediagroup.com is the only official website for employment opportunities with Cox Enterprises and its affiliates. Applications for employment on any other website will not be considered. Cox does not hold online interviews on social media sites such as Google hangouts. If you have been requested to apply for an employment opportunity other than through jobs.coxmediagroup.com, or, if you have sought out career opportunities with Cox and found a different website in your search, you should NOT submit your application, nor should you provide any personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution information, driver’s license number or passport information.