Sr. Financial AnalystJob ID 180717 Date posted 01/11/2018 Location Orlando, Florida Apply
Cox Media Group Orlando (TV/Radio) has an immediate opening for a Sr. Financial Analyst, located in Orlando and reporting to the location’s financial management.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the location’s finance team. This position will execute financial process, provide analysis and leadership and direction within the cluster. Position will work closely with both the lead finance manager, management/various departments and corporate to facilitate communication, alignment and execution of key initiatives. The Sr. Financial Analyst will participate in a wide range of both strategic and tactical activities.
- Development and implementation of analysis, modeling and reports to assist in both operations, financial management, forecast, budget and some accounting matters.
- Build strong relationships with all areas of the cluster in order to provide business decision support and partnering with areas such as budgeting, forecasting, operations, and administrative.
- Assist in manager’s understanding of finance and the impact their areas have on results.
- Work hand in hand with other department managers to ensure all finance policies and procedures are followed and budgets, financial statements and forecasts are fairly and accurately presented.
- Assist in preparation and review of monthly financial statements (including Forecast) and work closely with the finance manager, senior management and the broadcast management team to complete monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting.
- Responsible and accountable for Digital Cost of Sales tracking, analysis and cost/profitability reporting including providing direction to digital sales management.
- Manage monthly close process including journal entries and accrual analysis.
- Review select Balance Sheet reconciliations and assist in resolution of issues timely.
- Primary responsibility for expense management – budgeting, forecasting and approvals.
- Responsible for commission calculation and field based special pay submissions (bonus, spot pay and talent).
- Effective and representative of the finance team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox Media Group values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando-490 E South St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing