Director of SalesJob ID 183531 Date posted 02/21/2018 Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Apply
Overall responsibility for the revenue of local, national, new business and digital for CMG Pittsburgh. Planning and execution of the platform’s sales plans while reinforcing a positive work environment. The DOS will report directly to the General Manager.
• Participate in the annual budgeting process and be financially responsible for sales operating budget.
• Create and oversee sales plan for local, national and digital revenue to grow market share and maximize revenue for WPXI & PCNC.
• Augment revenue and minimize expenses through continued process optimization.
• Represent through leadership for Sales both internally and externally.
• Monitor daily sales activity and forecast future revenue while keeping a pulse on the advertising market and making adjustments to the plan as needed.
• Train and develop staff using the partnership with CMG while providing a high-energy and positive work environment.
• Partner with other platform leaders to drive multi-platform selling.
• Make sales calls with sales staff and provide feedback as a tool of training and development.
• Drive new business development on all platforms, including over the air, digital, mobile and unique sponsorships.
• Partner with content to develop local saleable products and services.
• Oversee and support national sales with CoxReps and CMG. Provide key selling tools to drive national sales results.
• Assess account executives by monitoring sales techniques and results. Communicate clear expectations and hold accountable.
• Mentor, train and grow sales managers. Create a leadership program for each sales manager by using the techniques of Talent Focused Management and CMG training resources.
• Oversee the day to day systems and procedures within the sales department. This includes monitoring sales activity reports, monitoring focused sales events/initiatives, leading sales meetings, sales department workflow and support; utilize sales industry tools and action plans by area and personnel.
• Maintain strong relationship with internal partners/departments to keep sales support moving in a positive direction while increasing productivity.
• Identify and evaluate vendors to provide the best suite of products.
• Conduct weekly sales meetings as a forum to share information, motivate and train staff, and provide teambuilding opportunities.
• Set clear goals by sales person and communicate goals effectively.
• Track sales progress and change accordingly as needed.
• Oversee presentations to make sure they achieve the goal of the client and platform.
• Lead by example—be a positive and professional role model with a sense of urgency.
• Responsible for inventory management and yield management pricing.
• Work closely with research to provide marketing tools to drive sales results.
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. 3-5 years of Local and National Sales Manager experience needed with multi-media sales experience and a proven track record of success. Preference for candidates who are currently in a General Sales Manager or Director of Sales role in a mid- to large market.
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Must have strong verbal, writing, mathematical, and analytical skills.
· Knowledge of Excel, Windows, PowerPoint and media software such as One Domain, Kantar, Wide Orbit and Nielsen ratings
· Must be very knowledgeable in the basic and advanced techniques of selling television and in sales negotiation.
· General business experience and knowledge of related advertising businesses.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh-4145 Evergreen Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs