Part-Time Production AssistantJob ID 182750 Date posted 02/12/2018 Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Apply
Hours will be 20-25 per week! Weekend work will be involved!
Primary Responsibilities and Functions
• Operates the studio cameras during live news broadcasts.
• Controls teleprompter.
• Prepares studio for live and recorded news segments.
• Maintains studio lighting.
• Reports malfunctioning studio equipment to engineering.
• Operates teleprompter and audio captioning.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Assist with other control room and on location duties as assigned.
• Degree or working toward a degree in broadcast communications or related field
• Must be physically able to reach and manipulate all operating controls on the technical equipment.
• Ability to make decisions and react quickly in order to respond to last minute program changes and equipment malfunctions.
• Experience in operating editing equipment and audio during newscasts.
• Knowledge of lighting techniques. Know-how to frame camera shots.
• Good manual dexterity in order to operate the numerous small push-buttons and rotary switches on the equipment.
• Ability to maneuver cameras and manipulate camera and lens controls.
• Ability to climb ladders for set repair and lamp replacement.
• Ability to lift and move lamp fixtures, sets, props.
• Good eyesight and hearing for the monitoring & reporting of commercial & program quality.
• Good hearing to receive director commands.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh-4145 Evergreen Road
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing