Reporter MmktLocation: US-PA-Pittsburgh Job Number 1718382 Brand WPXI-TV
An enterprising and energetic hard-news reporter. This reporter will join a newsroom that emphasizes breaking news, daily investigative reporting and severe weather coverage.
Reporter must dig for extra information. He or she must also be adept at using social media to gather and break stories. Active live is a must.
Enterprise ideas and develop relationships with sources - 20%
- Reaches out to sources and fosters a relationship
- Remains extremely knowledgeable of all local and national news
- Pitches original, local stories with impact
- Follows research guidelines when fertilizing ideas
- Works with photojournalist to craft a story that includes real people
- May need to shoot & edit story
- Writes accurate, grammatically correct scripts
- Digs for information
- Follows time guidelines
- Presents stories live as needed
- Uses station guidelines in using social media.
- Degree in journalism or related field
- 3 years reporting experience
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh-4145 Evergreen Road
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing