WPXI-TV Sales Research AnalystJob ID 1811082 Date posted 07/12/2018 Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Apply
WPXI-TV, the NBC affiliate in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is looking for a talented Sales Research Analyst. This is a full-time position. The candidate will provide relevant research data, analysis and support for all WPXI properties to our local and national advertising sales teams. WPXI properties include a local cable news channel (PCNC), a digital sub-channel (MeTV), and the strongest online/mobile/social local news outlet in the Pittsburgh market.
The job of Sales Research Analyst requires excellent written, verbal and math skills, and strong computer skills. The ability to analyze and present research results to staff, clients and management will be paramount in this position.
- Track, analyze and produce daily, weekly, and monthly ratings reports and trends
- Effectively position the primary and secondary data in the form of sales support pieces, custom sales presentations, qualitative analysis and comparagraphs
- Maintain the Nielsen overnight ratings database
- Update and maintain avail inventory in Wide Orbit Media Sales, creating program estimates and interfacing with CoxReps, our national representative firm
- Utilize digital research tools (Google 360) to analyze and produce effective presentations to support digital sales efforts
- Demonstrate working knowledge of all primary and secondary research products, their application and software (products include but are not limited to: NSI Arianna, Nielsen Local Television View (NLTV), Wide Orbit, Scarborough Research, Kantar Reports, and Google Analytics)
- Strong understanding of sales process and the ability to make occasional sales call presentations
- Oversee various research related projects
- Keep staff informed of industry news, NBC programming and local business news
- Assist the Research Director to provide each department in the station with outstanding research services
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Business or relevant field
- Experience working in media marketing, market research, or a high-level sales support role is preferred
- Advanced skill in Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Creativity and self-motivation a must, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills required
- Good writing skills
- Strong digital and social media skills
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh-4145 Evergreen Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs