WHPT On-Air TalentLocation Saint Petersburg, Florida Job Number 171467 Brand CMG Tampa Radio
The on-air talent opening on 102.5 the Bone offers an opportunity for personalities to grow their brand on one of the most unique radio stations in the country. This air talent position includes a mix of live on-air, and off-air responsibilities from screening phone calls and assisting in pre-show production. This position requires a positive, outgoing attitude, and an “on demand” element to cover shifts for, but not limited to ALL potential day-parts (Weekday or Weekend), Board Operator shifts and pre/post show preparation. Additionally, fill-ins and regular part-time shifts can require station event attendance, promotions, sales remotes etc. as needed, but with no guarantee of, hours (but not to extend over 29.5 hours per week).
- The candidate must be an exceptional communicator both on and off-air and work closely with the Director of Branding and Programming to consistently reinforce the brand of the radio station
- The candidate must have flexible availability not limited to Weekdays.
- The candidate must have a basic working knowledge of audio equipment necessary for on-air and production execution
- Finally, the on-air talent candidate must be passionate about talk radio, and work hard to be connected and up to date on current events.
- Miscellaneous other duties required by supervisor
- Experience with broadcast software
- On-air radio experience.
- Requires good typing skills.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Requires good interpersonal skills.
- Well-rounded social media experience
Experience and Education:
Minimum experience required: On-air radio experience, or other relevant public entertainment or live performance experience.
CoxMedia Group (CMG) is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that also includes the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations; more than 60 radio stations; six daily newspapers, more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and nearly 15 million radio listeners.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-St. Petersburg-11300 4th St N
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing