Commercial Production ManagerJob ID 1811971 Date posted 08/01/2018 Location: Seattle, Washington Apply
This could be your opportunity to run a creative ad agency and video production house in beautiful Seattle Washington!
In this position, you’ll have the chance to work with a high powered sales team, and help close lucrative deals by pitching creative concepts and commercial campaigns all over the Puget Sound area. You will manage workflow, copywrite, shoot, edit, direct and produce commercial and marketing materials for a wide range of clients and industry fields.
If you have the people skills, hands-on video production and post-production knowledge and capabilities, a penchant for sales, the vision to grow a business, the ability to think on your feet, desire to develop team members, and the drive required - you’ll love coming to work every day.
• Leads and directs all commercial production responsibilities within the creative services department.
• Plan, schedule, and execute all commercial production requests from beginning to end.
• Works closely with clients from conceptualizing to execution based on client needs and available resources/budget.
• Supervises producers in the execution of commercial production.
• Maintains a friendly, cooperative relationship with sales department and clients.
• Achieves or exceeds annual production billing revenue goals set by Creative Services Director.
• Must be able to have flexible hours to meet high volume demands
• Supervises commercial producer, and any freelance workers, works closely with the sales department, including managers, AE’s, and clients to ensure all commercial production needs for the station are serviced.
• Prioritizes and delegates projects based on potential revenue.
• Works with the sales team in presenting media plans to clients, and presents creative concepts to small groups of people.
• Ensures that assignments and projects are on schedule and meeting deadlines.
• Concept, copywrite, shoot, edit and produce on-air commercials, from 04 second billboards to full length sales initiated programming.
• Plans and executes various web and social media initiatives for various sponsored cooperatives.
• Liaison with sales department, clients, ad, and marketing agencies to ensure content is produced and airs correctly.
• Works closely with the Director of Public Affairs & Special Projects in the production of KIRO 7 community initiatives with sponsorship ties.
• Ensures advertiser-related promotion is executed properly per sales packages including production timelines, deadlines for content and logos and execution of on-air commitments.
• Willing to work extended hours when necessary to meet tight deadlines
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• BA in Production, Marketing or Broadcast related field or equivalent experience preferred
• The successful candidate will have a minimum 3 years of experience working in commercial production at a television station or ad agency.
• Must have pitched concepts and sold clients video production.
• Must have graphic design capabilities, as it relates to producing compelling/eye-catching commercials maximizing graphic elements in the production.
• Excellent communication, organization, and writing skills are required.
• Must be a hands-on writer/producer, extremely creative shooter, editor, and writer.
• Knowledge of and regular experience using Adobe Premiere Pro, After Affects, Photoshop, and Illustrator required.
• Required to maintain valid driver’s license
• Must be able to show writing, editing, shooting, producing and design experience in all media platforms.
• Previous supervisory experience in directing workflow, motivating and training staff preferred.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crawl or crouch.
• The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• The employee often works in outside weather conditions, and periodically works near moving mechanical parts.
• Special vision abilities required for this job include close and peripheral vision, depth perception, color, and precise vision.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle-2807 3rd Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Broadcast Programming and Production
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. From our on-air talent to jobs within our technical operations, you'll be a part of the team that communicates news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.