ReporterLocation: US-WA-Seattle Job Number 1715578 Brand KIRO-TV
- Work independently to research and uncover stories as an investigative reporter, deciding when and where to report to work based on a shoot location or other scheduling requirements.
- Report on multiple stories in a given day, often in multiple newscasts, frequently working solo.
- Proven success in delivering breaking news stories to viewers and engaging audiences through the use of all facets of social media.
- Experienced ability to drive the KIRO 7 brand on-air, on-line, and on social media.
- Field produce and report stories for television.
- Be conversant with journalistic law and ethics and general FCC policies concerning broadcast.
- Engage with viewers several times a day on social media; including but not limited to sharing stories, replying to viewers, and writing posts.
- Produce stories for kiro7.com on a daily basis.
- Daily local, some regional and additional travel is required as part of the job.
- B.A Degree in Journalism, Communications, or Other discipline preferred.
- 3 years of experience as a Reporter required.
- Experience as a Multi Media Journalist is a plus.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle-2807 3rd Ave
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing