Sr. EngineerJob ID 184388 Date posted 03/12/2018 Location St. Petersburg, Florida Apply
These responsibilities include:
- RF systems (AM, FM, HD, STL).
- Studio Systems (Automation, Consoles, Production, Remotes).
- Power and electrical support systems (Generators, UPS, etc.).
- Monitoring and control systems.
- Digital content delivery systems (Streaming audio, Datacasting).
- Business Continuity Planning understanding and implementation.
- Deep understanding of FCC compliance and record keeping is required.
- IT/networking, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance is also required.
- Qualified candidates should have at least eight years of broadcast engineering experience.
- Must have extensive experience in the installation, troubleshooting, and repair of RF plants.
- Quick response to technical issues with a customer service and solutions-based approach is required. Interest and skills in other areas of radio broadcasting will also be valued.
- SBE and other certifications a plus and ongoing certifications and training will be required.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience in Capital and Operational budget management.
Necessary Language Skills:
- Able to fluently communicate in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Reliable mode of transportation (public transportation is not suitable.) for travelling to transmitter sites.
- Valid Florida Driver License.
- Occasional night and weekend work may be required.
- Must be computer literate.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-St. Petersburg-11300 4th St N
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Part-Time IT/Engineering Assistant St. Petersburg, Florida