Photojournalist SmktJob ID 1815562 Date posted 10/08/2018 Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma Apply
CMG Tulsa (KOKI FOX23) is looking for a full-time photojournalist to join our growing staff of News Photographers. We're looking for a self-reliant, creative photojournalist who is a team player and has the resourcefulness to improvise and solve problems when required.
Candidates should be familiar with all aspects of electronic news gathering.
- Gathering news content as a photographer and editor, alone and as a team, often in a breaking news environment with tight deadlines
- Operate microwave trucks, streaming technology and FTP solutions daily
- Must have working knowledge of editorial standards and strong news judgment
- Being a multi-tasker with a strong sense of urgency is required to meet deadline times for all platforms (television, radio, digital)
- Must be able to use multiple technology tools, programs and apps to gather and provide live broadcast quality video for television newscasts, radio phoners/audio interviews, timely cellphone photos and video for digital.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Panasonic P2 cameras is preferred as well as proficiency with Edius, P2Cast, ENPS and BitCentral systems
- Working knowledge of microwave truck operation is required
- Minimum of two years of television experience is preferred
- Position requires the ability to work all shifts as assigned including overnights, nights and weekends.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Night Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Photography and Videography
As a photographer or videographer with Cox Media Group, you will work closely with our personnel team as well as outside reporters to help create visual imagery for news stories and various marketing and branding projects. Whether it is shooting and editing news photography, our team members will be able to expand their expertise and technical skills continuously.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs