ProducerJob ID 1813991 Date posted 09/13/2018 Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma Apply
Create and execute newscasts based on research information and goals.They collaborate with reporters on best video and stories of the day.Work with assignment desk and associate producers to find stories and ensure accurate reporting.Concise writing and accurate writing is required. Must be willing to also work on the assignment desk and update the web.Ensures the use of graphics, story selection, and pace are on target with action plans and style guidelines.
Create & execute newscasts
- Crafts newscasts based on research and show goals
- Communicates with reporters to find the best video stories of the day.
- Writes accurate and compelling teases to keep viewers as long as possible.
- Works with assignment desk to find stories, help assign reporters and make sure information is confirmed.
- Concise, accurate writing that executes research findings.
- Ensures graphics, story selection and show pace are on target with action plans and style guidelines.
- Orders graphics for newscasts
- Booths newscasts, may also need to help tune in live shots.
- Listens to scanners and confirms stories with local police agencies
- Answers phones in a consumer friendly manner
- Helps dispatch crews
- Confirms stories found in papers and other sources
- Helps tune in live shots
Update the web
Writes and updates stories for the web when necessary
- Education: degree in journalism or related field
- Experience: 1 year producing experience
- Additional requirements: The ability to multitask, strong organizational skills and solid news judgment. Must be able to keep a cool head under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Broadcast Programming and Production
Cox Media Group’s operations include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications and digital sites and services. From our on-air talent to jobs within our technical operations, you'll be a part of the team that communicates news all around the U.S. through integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media.