Production AssistantJob ID 184471 Date posted 03/12/2018 Location Tulsa, Oklahoma Apply
Cox Media Group and Tulsa TV is seeking a Part Time Production Assistant.
Production Assistant is responsible for the operation of all studio equipment excluding the control room switcher. Production Assistant runs studio camera, audio, prompter, and prepares graphic art before live and non-live events.
• Operate studio camera for live and non-live news and talk show programs.
• Operate audio board for live on location news and non-news programs.
• Operate all studio equipment which include studio camera, cg, audio, graphic art and prompter.
• Assist production manager with studio lighting, including the use of ladder, fixtures and lamps.
• Produce episodic promos for creative services department.
• Assist news department with web, assignment desk, writing, and editing.
Studio Camera & Prompter Operation – 50%
• Review show rundowns 30 minutes before show.
• Review studio lighting 30 minutes before show to ensure fixtures are working.
• Assist with pre-recording of all news preproduction before live broadcast.
• Execute live news broadcast in a clean manner.
• Pre-record news and promotion topicals in between newscast.
• Pre-record morning sports and reporter standups for next day.
• Run studio camera and prompter for both live and non-live events.
Audio Operator – 25%
• Operate audio board for both live and non-live events in a clean manner.
• Check all wireless mics and ifb’s 30 minutes before broadcast.
• Check all wireless mics and ifb’s for battery strength 30 minutes before broadcast.
• Review rundown 30 minutes before show.
• Mic checks by all studio talent and live shots before hitting air.
• Review of all equipment after show ensuring safe return to audio booth.
• Edit episodic promos for promotions department.
Graphic Art – 25%
• Build graphics for daily use of all live news products.
• Maintain graphics format provided by art director.
• Check all graphics for spelling and factual errors before sending to air.
• Continued development of graphic art skills to better the product.
• Effectively communicate with artist from different shifts.
• High School Degree or GD required. College Degree a plus.
• 1 -2 years previous studio camera production desired. Photoshop Experience a plus. Lighting Experience a plus.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs and climb a ladder for studio lighting
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Evening Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing