Community Events Team LeadJob ID 180595 Date posted 01/10/2018 Location Tulsa, Oklahoma Apply
Cox Media Group – Tulsa is looking for a dynamic and detail-oriented individual with exceptional event planning skills and a passion for community service to serve as our Community Events Team Lead for our local TV and radio station cluster. This is a rare opportunity to join a winning team and work for a company that puts people first and sincerely values passion, initiative and innovation.
The ideal candidate:
- Is creative and forward-thinking with the desire to constantly innovate and improve
- Is detail-oriented and possesses the organizational skills necessary to see a project through from inception to successful implementation
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys being challenged
- Has the capacity to manage multiple projects across several platforms simultaneously
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our cluster audiences and a demonstrable commitment to serve our local community
- Plays well with others, has a sincere desire to make those around them better, and is committed to a team mentality in a diverse environment
We are looking for a creative and dynamic individual who is motivated to consistently execute compelling events and campaigns that are relevant to a 25 to 54-year-old adults in our community. The candidate that we choose will have a thorough understanding of the evolving nature of our industry and of our local community and be committed to balancing revenue growth with a strong mission to be a great corporate citizen.
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of five years equivalent experience in event planning, sales or promotions required.
- Proven Customer Service and Sales Skills and ability to work with sales clientele.
- Ability to innovate and willingness to seek and develop more effective and efficient operating procedures.
- A commitment to growing local presence across evolving digital and social media platforms
- Track record of event development, logistics management and project execution
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High Technical Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and all Microsoft Office Products
- Design skills necessary to create professional presentation materials.
- Proven ability to prioritize and complete tasks with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexible availability --- We go where our audience is, and this means regular evening and weekend appearances
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 S Memorial Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Lead/Supervisor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing