Senior Human Resources Business PartnerJob ID 1720066 Date posted 12/15/2017 Location Tulsa, Oklahoma Apply
The Sr. Human Resource Business Partner serves as an influential people partner advising clients in one or more key departments or functions in an integrated Television and Radio market. It plays a key role in developing and implementing tactical and Strategic HR programs in support of short and long-term business goals with the overall objective of attracting, retaining, and developing the best talent. This role is responsible for continuously evaluating and optimizing operational efficiencies and promoting excellence across the organization. Incumbent will have foundational knowledge of Organization Development including change management, organizational restructurings, and performance assessments.
• Build credibility with business partners by demonstrating an understanding of the business strategy and challenges, aligning the departments’ short-term and long-term people goals with the business strategy, and facilitating and implementing initiatives to assist the business in achieving success.
• Perform core HR functions, resolve request/needs/inquiries in areas such as employment practices, federal and state employment laws, drug testing, discipline\termination, recruiting and hiring
• Ensure compliance with all federal/state/local employment laws, and regulations (unemployment, OSHA/safety, worker’s compensation, affirmative action, FMLA etc.)
• Analyze employee relations issues; investigate employee complaints, including complex matters, consult with legal and senior leadership as appropriate and make sound, timely recommendations for management action and follow-through to ensure closure.
• Influence business partners consistently follow appropriate procedures and properly document employee relations matters/investigations.
• Communicate with and educate assigned clients on CMG human resources policies and procedures.
• Champion change and effectively guide business partners and employees through organizational change.
• Coach all levels of managers on how to develop their employees and improve performance. Assists with creation and execution of development plans.
• Facilitate leadership team development; coach and counsel leaders on communication planning and processes, performance management, and organizational effectiveness among others.
• Support and facilitate effective recruitment/retention strategies that focus on diversity in collaboration with hiring managers.
• Improve and streamline operations through the continuous assessment of policies, procedures and program effectiveness/value, leveraging technology whenever possible.
• Grow and develop local HR team to ensure an understanding of performance expectations, the establishment of a customer-focused culture, and a clear plan for ongoing professional growth.
• Participate in special projects/task forces as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, industrial relations, business management or related field
• Minimum of seven (7) to nine (9) years of HR experience with progressively increasing responsibilities, with a minimum of (4) years in HR Manager or comparable role supporting client groups of 300+ employees
• Strong employee relations background
• Experience with media industry and familiarity with sales organizations preferred
• PHR or SPHR certification preferred
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OK-Tulsa-2625 South Memorial
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing