, New York, New York
Job ID: 184487
As an Account Executive for Cox Media Group, you will be an important part of a dynamic sales organization and enjoy excellent earning potential with all of the tools necessary to get the job done. You will be responsible for generating media revenues for the assigned market to meet or exceed predetermined goals. You will also create revenues by working collaboratively with local sales managers, by making sales presentations and by directly selling to key primary and secondary accounts, as assigned. You will service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies or individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through various advertising channels and services.
What makes a successful Account Executive at Cox Media Group? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results-driven 10
- Relationship building 9
- Budgeting forecasting 8
- Prospecting 8
- Digital Savvy 7
- Skilled Presenter
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 18 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 9 paid holidays.
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
Mentoring and Training Programs
Broad Suite of Product Solutions
Maternity / Paternity leave
The Account Executive is responsible for generating media revenues for the assigned market to meet or exceed predetermined goals. You will also create revenues by working collaboratively with Local Sales Managers, by making sales presentations and by directly selling to key primary and secondary accounts as assigned. You will service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies or individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through various advertising channels and services.
- Develop and manage revenue producing relationships with clients and agencies
- Prospect for new business and build a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Analyze client marketing goals and develop needs based solutions to achieve them
- Oversee campaign execution and analysis
- Provide consultation to sales managers, sales teams and clients
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
- Proven track record of sales success in local media setting
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of three years of media sales, account management or buying experience
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- Some travel necessary
- Valid driver's license with good driving record required
- Must have good working knowledge of ratings, BAR reports, etc.
- Co-op and vendor support knowledge helpful
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-United States
Other Locations: 885 2nd Ave,US,NY,New York,10017
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing