Audience Acquisition Sales ManagerLocation West Palm Beach, Florida Job Number 177609 Brand CMG Newspaper Shared Services
The Audience Acquisition Sales Manager supports the company’s overall objectives by planning, directing, developing, coordinating, and leading the efforts of the Audience Department’s subscription sales efforts and single copy marketing to maximize revenue growth and to service subscribers. This position will drive audience acquisition sales and marketing programs and plays a leadership role in the achievement of overall home delivery (HD) and single copy (SC) sales and revenue goals. In conjunction with other Audience leaders, this manager will assist in development of a strategic plan to drive revenue, audience growth and digital migration for our paid brands. The manager is accountable for achieving revenue and engagement goals and will have responsibility for successfully executing the sales and marketing elements of said plan.
30% Interacts with vendors and their employees in the acquisition and retention of the highest value subscribers and in the promotion and execution of SC campaigns. Provide oversight and direction to vendors as needed to achieve retention, volume, and quality goals as well as SC marketing objectives. Implements sales campaigns, and acquisition and communication strategies to vendors and retail partners. Develop retail opportunities throughout the market. Manage, track, and optimize promotion expense budget.
20% Leads the development and management of marketing and sales strategies and promotions to both maintain and expand market share and develop new target markets to enable the attainment of additional sales and revenue. Develops materials and scripting to support all sales initiatives.
20% Tracks and monitors quality of sales channels in conjunction with Audience Analytics. Respond quickly within parameters of budget to resolve these issues. Works closely with supervisor to develop- tactical interventions and establish strategic priorities.
10% Collaborates with marketing, audience analytics, and sales support to develop effective targeted solutions for retention campaigns, telemarketing acquisition, and crew retention. Provide feedback to these groups on the quality of information received, data and reporting delivered.
10% Oversees the development of verified circulation volumes including, college readership copies, Real Values households, and other products under development.
5% Maintains a current knowledge of market development\conditions and area competitors and stays abreast of industry trends and developments by developing and maintaining a network of single copy marketing professionals.
5% All other duties as assigned
Effective management of sales and retention campaigns directly impacts circulation revenue and adds highest value copies in support of advertising sales opportunities.
• Weekly reporting tracking volume and retention.
• Regular meetings with vendors to discuss performance to goal and order quality
• Monitors results of single copy marketing initiatives through analysis, feedback from operations, vendors, and retailers; as well as through direct observation of sales locations.
• Sales calls in support of retail partnerships in support of all sales channels
• Weekly QC assessment of all sales channels and deployment of QC checks with customer care team
• Regular consultation with sales support, evaluating effectives of various telemarketing and outbound retention campaigns
• Development of contracts and addendums that extract best possible behavior from our vendors and align their activity with our sales goals
• Evaluation and tracking of rotation of material though all sales channels.
• Make certain all volume is acquired in accordance with AAM regulations
• Work with IT to make certain all acquisition interfaces provide the best possible customer experience.
• Track sales results vs. plan and drive sales initiatives (improving placement, POP execution, establish promotions with key retail partners) as needed to achieve volume and revenue goals.
• Assure field audits are coordinated to focus on largest opportunities to improve results.
• Provide effective feedback to distribution to drive improvement in draw management and shrink reductions.
• Work with vendors develop effective zip rotation that achieve shared advertising goals.
• Develop effective relationships with local educators, engaging them in our digital products
• Maintain effective QC on all RV (Real Values) acquisitions
• Oversee any education website and work with IT to keep current. In addition, will be directly responsible for the oversight of any education program, including contacts with teachers, the department of education as well as the maintenance of the website, and the funding of the program.
Supports the company’s revenue growth by developing programs using local market information, benchmarking, industry knowledge and data to increase readership, circulation.
• Ensures sales goals and print/digital volumes are achieved by conceiving, recommending and implementing strategies to increase sales and retention of subscriptions.
• Creates, develops and executes on strategic and tactical plans related to increasing print and digital subscriptions including non-traditional methods for achieving sales.
• Meets or exceeds budgeted market share goal by effectively managing print to digital migration, driving volume and achieving rate goals to reach revenue objectives.
• Supports and shares in company goals, objectives and practices.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications; and more than 100 digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-FL-West Palm Beach-2751 S Dixie Hwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing